Pool Plant & Health & Safety Courses
We regularly run a range of professional courses.
We have friendly and experienced Tutors, great classroom and practical facilities and you are welcome to visit the café for many different lunch options.
STA Level 3 Award in Pool Plant Operations (QCF)
This award enables candidates to manage and maintain a Swimming Pool, Spa and interactive play features operation via receiving the training necessary to reflect the most up to date requirements and standards for Pool Plant operation.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Satisfactory completion of pre-course worksheet assignment
Validity of Award
This award covers:
- The industry lead bodies and their recommendations and guidelines
- Pollution and its removal, the threat of diseases such as legionnaires and how they are controlled
- Principles of circulation and filtration and the requirement for regular maintenance
- How the physical characteristics of a Swimming Pool can be hazardous
- Swimming pool ventilation and heating systems
- The principles of water treatment including pH, water balance and water testing
- Microbiological Testing
- Analysis and interpretation of readings leading to corrective action
- Methods for recording results and maintaining records
- Understanding the different types of residual & non residual disinfectants and their use in water treatment
- Developing an understanding and awareness of current industry best practice, guidance and recommendations
- Principles of Health and Safety and the relevant Statutes
- Developing an understanding of the environmental implications of operating and managing swimming pools, spas and associated plant
- Energy and Cost Efficiency
Date of next course
To Be Announced! To express your interest in taking the course please contact Paul Case Tel: 01747834013 Email: email@example.com
The Swimming Pool Water Treatment qualification aims to enable candidates to understand the basic principles of the treatment of swimming pool water. It provides candidates with the knowledge and skills to competently test water and maintain safe bathing conditions.
NATIONAL POOL SUPERVISOR QUALIFICATION (NPSQ)
The National Pool Supervisor Qualification (NPSQ) is a two-day course aimed at staff responsible for supervising lifeguards and managing essential health and safety within a leisure centre or swimming pool environment.
- Enhances your knowledge of why Risk Assessments, PSOP's and Safe Systems of Work are in place to ensure a safe work environment, for both staff and customers.
- Gives you a basic understanding of the laws and industry guidelines that you and your team need to comply with.
- Helps you understand how to manage your team and provide feedback.
- An ideal course for newly appointed Leisure Supervisors or Duty Managers.
The NPSQ is suitable for Lifeguards wishing to progress in their career or for employers wanting to upskill their employees to manage lifeguards, team members and essential health and safety.
Date of next course
5th - 6th September - 9am - 5pm
If you are interested in booking a place on this course then please contact Paul Case on 01747 834013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org